How to Play the Challenge – three ways!
There are three ways to play the challenge:
- Challenge yourself to take a daily photo using the word prompts throughout the 7 day challenge (6-12 April) and post your results each day.
- Take your photos in the lead up to the challenge and post your results during the challenge week. Use this extra time to get creative and get out and meet volunteers and visit some charities!
- Dig up photographs you’ve taken during the past 12 months that depict the power of giving and/or match the word prompts and post your results during the challenge.
You can post as little or as many photos as you like during the challenge week.
Challenge Word prompts
The following word prompts have been developed to help you explore the concept of giving. These prompts are only a guide and entrants are welcome to interpret the subject of giving in any way.
Monday – Day 1 – Volunteer
Have you ever volunteered, helped out, pitched in for free? Take a creative selfie and tell us your story. Why is volunteering important for you? What do you get from giving?
Tuesday – Day 2 – Humanitarian
Think about a famous humanitarian that you admire. Take a photo of anything that you think captures that person’s spirit and tell us why you admire them.
Wednesday – Day 3 – Compassion
What does compassion look like? Take of photo of someone showing compassion or take a photo of something that depicts compassion to you. Why is compassion important?
Thursday – Day 4 – Giving
If you were given $1million to donate to a charity, which charity would you donate to and why? Take a photo that describes the cause and the power of giving.
Friday – Day 5 – Good Deed
Do a good deed. Give someone something today. A bunch of flowers, meet a stranger, make a cake. How did it feel? How did it make others feel? Capture the giving experience in a photo.
Saturday – Day 6 – Volunteers
Do you know someone who volunteers? Meet a volunteer in your community and take a photo of them in action. Go down to the local charity shop or organise to meet and interview a volunteer. Show us the volunteer spirit in your community.
Sunday – Day 7 – Charity
Is there a charity in the community that has helped you or someone you know? Take a photo of something that captures the spirit of the organisation or take a photo of their building, facilities, staff. Tell us why the charity is important for you.
Binky/QCF Photo Challenge 2015 Terms and Conditions
- Entry is open Australia and Worldwide.
- The challenge is open to any skill level. Photographs will be judged on subject not technical ability. Mobile phone entries are encouraged.
- The winning entrant will be able to allocate a $1,000 donation to a charity of their choice. Please note that the nominated charity must hold Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status.
- The entrant must like the Queensland Community Foundation and Binky Collective Facebook pages to be eligible to win the charity prize.
- The entrant can enter as many photographs as they like on the Grateful Project Facebook group between 6 and 12 April 2015.
- Photographs must have been created on or after 1 April 2014.
- The entrant must be the creator of any images they enter into the competition.
- The entrant must be the copyright owner of any images they enter into the competition.
- The entrant is responsible for obtaining all relevant model and/or property releases.
- The entrant retains copyright of the submitted images but grants Queensland Community Foundation and Binky Collective permission to reproduce the images.
- Employees of Queensland Community Foundation and Binky Collective may enter the challenge but are not eligible to win the charity prize.
- Only the photographs posted on the Grateful Project Facebook group between 6 April 2015 and 12 April 2015 will be considered.
- A panel from Queensland Community Foundation and Binky Collective will judge the shortlisted entries and vote to determine a winner for the $1000 charity prize.
- The judges’ decisions are final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- By posting on the Grateful Project Facebook Group during the challenge, entrants grant the Queensland Community Foundation and Binky Collective permission to contact them about challenge.
- The winning entry will be announced on the Queensland Community Foundation and Binky Collective Facebook page and the Grateful Project Facebook group on Tuesday 16 June 2015.
- By entering images into this challenge the entrant guarantees to Queensland Community Foundation and Binky Collective that all of the above entry requirements have been met.
- If any of the terms and conditions are breached, the entry will be disqualified.